Monday, November 19, 2012

Doing My Part to Help People Get Jobs and to Learn how to be Self Employed

I, Marvin Honeycutt, been a licensed minister for 33 years.  I pastured a church in Chesapeake, WV for about 3 years.  In my ministry, I've been able to work with men, women, and children of all races.  I recognized and realized that prejudice and jealousy is the same thing, this is my opinion.  My church formed the House of Prayer and Community Workshop, which consists of finding people temporary places to stay until they can get into housing.  All my houses have been used for my ministry.  For the Bible says, naked you came in the world and naked you are going to leave.  Also the Bible says, I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:  naked, and ye clothed me not:  sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.  Also the Bible says, if you got two coats, give your brother one and we then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.  I know for myself, with my experiences with God, that God love us all the same whether you are saved or not saved.  It is not His Will that any shall perish.  Therefore, I thank God for the ministers, preachers, churches, the shelters for the homeless, for welfare workers, CPS workers, those that are in the Will of God, and with the love of God in their heart.  It is God's will that we should love one another and help one another.  This is one of God's greatest commandments.  The first and greatest commandment is Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself, Luke 10:27

This is not about your religion or what you believe.  This is about, that through much praying and tears, God has put it in my heart to continue to help young men, young women, children, those that have been abused, and those that are really trying to better themselves in life.  Shaquan Taylor and I have run a home day-care for 10 years.  We have provided transportation to and from day-care and took the parents to and from work when they needed a ride.  Due to all the hardships that is in the land, people being out of jobs, and out of work, people need help.  I can't provide jobs for everybody in the world nor can any President, Government, Mayor, and Governor in any city or any country.  But while I'm living, I intend to do all that I can do to help those that need help and want help.  In 1981, my mom died and my brother Nathaniel committed suicide by jumping in front of a train at 31 years old.  Then, I had a niece that committed suicide in her 20s.  Because of the deaths of my brother and my niece, I made a vow to God that I will continue to help and work with people.

This is why we, the House of Prayer and Community Workshop, are going to open up a Home Day-Care Center temporarily until we can finish remodeling the Church to have a Day-Care Center.  It will be consisted of day-care for women's children while their working or they will have to be looking for a job.  Our House of Prayer and Community Workshop will have an area for a class to teach the day-care children and to help them with their homework.  The mother's of the children will have to do volunteer work for the House of Prayer and Community Workshop, if they don't have a job.  They will have to work at least 40 hours a week, sometimes on Saturday and Sunday.

Some of the women's children that I've been working with have been bullied, called names, laughed at because of their hair, and made fun of.  We are going to be working with the mothers to help them do their children's hair and to help build the kid's confidence in themselves. 

I thank God that my dad was the Pastor of my church for many years and my uncle was a minister too, over the same church that I'm over right now.  When they died, I took it over.  I was raised with a family of 12 kids, seven boys and five girls.  My dad and mom taught us that nobody owes us anything but respect, but most young kids today don't know what that is.  Due to videos, violent movies, rap music, cell phones, TV, and the Internet, the children need our help and our prayers.

Sincerely,

Marvin Honeycutt

No comments:

Post a Comment